How is it Sunday night already!? I need about 27 hours in my day. Or perhaps I could start a petition to make work weeks consist of two days while weekends last for five. Who's in?! I recently started an incredible new job and while I'm loving every minute of it, being on a new "schedule" is really kicking my tail. I talked to my Sweethearts (my grandparents) this afternoon and my Grandma pointed out that she knew that I was busy because I hadn't blogged in a few days! Ha! I think I am finally getting into a groove and after two weekends away, it was nice to finally have a relaxing and productive weekend at home.
1. The clean eating plan was derailed on Friday. Who sticks to eating restrictions on Friday nights anyways? We went to our favorite little Italian Bistro for THE BEST pizza and gelato, Followed by a movie at home. I also brought out the Christmas pajamas. This is our idea of a perfect date night!
2. 2011 seems to be the year of big TV farewells. When Meredith left Today, I got a little teary eyed. Probably a 2 out of 10. When Oprah left, I was a blubbering mess. Definitely an 8 out of 10. I completely cried my eyes out while watching Regis's final show. The tears started when Regis knocked on Kelly's door and did not stop the entire hour. 12 out of 12 for sure.
P.S. And yes, I have always thought that Mark resembles (a more athletic version of) Buble.
3. "Look! I got bangs!!". Remember that from Legally Blonde? Well, it seemed to be the theme this week. My BFF and I were on the same wavelength and didn't even talk to each other prior to our hair appointments. I think I have finally figured out how to style these things.
3. I have had apple butter cooking in the crock pot all afternoon and our house smells amazing! I'll post the recipe this week- wrapped up in small mason jars and finished with labels, these will make such nice little hostess gifts to have on hand during the holidays!
4. Pumpkin protein pancakes sounded like a good idea for a healthy breakfast this morning. There are some things you just can't make healthy. I'm sticking to the unhealthy version from now on.
5. Thanksgiving is Thursday and I can't help but think about all that I have to be thankful for. I also have my Mother's homemade stuffing on my mind. Get in my belly NOW. I cannot wait to drive towards this beautiful skyline!
6. Christmas cheer has entered our home! Well, sort of. I don't like to put up my decorations until after Thanksgiving, but I'm getting everything ready so that when we get home from the Carolinas, we can begin decking the halls. I made some things for our Christmas table scape today and I'll finish up the wreath for my front door before we leave for Thanksgiving. I put up a small tree in my office this weekend just because I couldn't stand to wait!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!