As I look out the window, it looks like a beautiful, giant snow globe! The snow has not stopped since is started early this morning and I kind of love it. A cozy day at home is one of my favorites found in the life category of "little things". There's also something about days like these that make me crave all of the music that I play nonstop from the time Halloween leaves us all the way through the 12th day, and then some, for good measure. Because I do try to save Christmas music for that special time of year (even though it pains me), I like to make Winter playlists to enjoy on snowy day. What is winter music? "Transitional" tunes that linger a bit longer than the rest and help ween me off of my holiday high but still give me that ridiculously warm feeling inside. You know. All those songs that are happy and joyful and festive but really don't really scream Christmas.
If this playlist comes as a surprise for you, you don't really know me at all.
The Perfect Winter Playlist
1. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm- Frank Sinatra
2. Winter Wonderland- Jason Mraz
3. Winter- Joshua Radin
4. Linus & Lucy- Vince Guaraldi
5. Baby It's Cold Outside- Zoey Deschanel & Leon Redbone
6. I Love the Winter Weather- Tony Bennett
7. Winter- Antonio Vivaldi
8. The Peppermint Twist- Joey Dee & The Starliters
9. Jingle Bells- Diana Krall
10. Sleigh Ride- Ella Fitzgerald
11. Let it Snow!- Michael Buble
12. Winter Song- Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
13. Nutcracker Suite- Brian Setzer Orchestra
14. Frosty the Snowman- Harry Connick Jr.