On Monday, I hopped on a plane and landed in North Carolina. I'm hanging out in Charlotte this week! Lucky for me, I'll be enjoying delicious food, Southern sunshine, and sweet time with family and friends.
A few other things to share (kitchen and non kitchen related:
1. I am obsessed with brussels sprouts. We eat them every which way in our house and cannot seem to get enough. On Sunday, we pan roasted them with shallots and finished it off with lemon zest and toasted pistachios. Delicious.
2. Homemade pizza is our Friday night staple. We usually stick to roasted mushrooms, arugula, prosciutto, and mozzarella, but we have been mixing it up the last couple of weeks. Fresh tomatoes, kalamata olives, artichokes, capers, garlic, and mozzarella is the true winner right now. This is a copycat of the Papparazzi Pizza from Wolfman Pizza in Charlotte. Mmmmm.
3. Revlon Lip Butters might be the best little gems to make it into my makeup collection lately. Lollipop and Peach Parfait are positively my favorite right now. The colors are vibrant like lipstick, but go on smooth and buttery, with a little bit of shine. Love them.
4. I picked up these Say Yes to Cucumbers On-The-Go Facial Towelettes from Target this weekend to pack with me on my trip. I am loving the way they remove my makeup before I wash my face at night! They leave my skin with a calming, cool feeling and no makeup residue. I almost always wear black eyeliner and I always wear black mascara so getting all of the excess eye makeup off each night is key. These are doing the trick while I'm travelling and I like them so much, I may add them to my routine.
5. My family was jealous that Mark got to enjoy an Italian inspired meal on Valentine's Day. I'm re-creating most of the meal tomorrow night for them- Nutella Gelato and all! I'm confident that the Fettucine with Porcini Mushrooms will get positive reviews. When I asked my family if they wanted the pasta as a side or as a main course, my dad responded something to the extent of "a good bowl should always be enjoyed by itself". You now know where I get my passion for the palate.
6. The basket of Valentine's cookies that my mom left on my nightstand are beyond adorable! I'm going to convince her to write a post on these or at least give me some details so that I can share them with all of you. The packaging she designed is just to die for and these don't just have to be limited to February 14.