1. My West Coast Sister recommended this documentary to us last week. She demanded I skip my Monday night shows to watch this 70 minute film. I'M SO GLAD THAT I DID. The warm and glittery feeling has not left my heart and I am highly recommending it to all of you. Being Elmo is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. Uplifting, inspirational, and just full of GOOD, this is a great story with applicable lessons for life that anyone will enjoy! Go watch it. Now. (we watched it on Netflix)
2. Another gem from Danica- chocolate covered pomegranate seeds that she included in my birthday package! I cannot get enough of these. They're chocolatey, tart, and oh so addictive. Pomegranate + dark chocolate equals an antioxidant packed treat, wouldn't you agree? I'm also happy to have a treat in my kitchen from her beloved health food store, Sprouts!
3. Thanks to this post on one of my favorite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere, I was inspired to make some simple stationery this week. I like to keep plenty of notecards on hand so that I never run out of snail mail happies to send to family and friends. Plus, as my little love muffin Crystal says, "nothing says I love you like lined envelopes".
4. The April issue of Southern Living has an entire section of bite sized Southern favorites. I want to host a party that revolves around these small Southern bites. Mini grits and greens! Are you kidding me!? Meghan and I are already thinking these need to be on the menu for the already anticipated 2012 Moore-McConnell New Year's celebration.
5. Lionel Richie. Like I need to say more. I have always been a fan but as of late, I may be a little obsessed. To further feed my obsession, Lionel released a new duets country album last week, Tuskegee, and every song is a winner. He collaborated with some of my favorite pop-country artists and I'm loving belting out all of my favorite Lionel songs set to a little country beat.
6. It's another swoon-worthy Spring weekend! Being the gem that he is, Mark helped me with a few Pinterest inspired projects that have been on my to-do list for awhile. I can't wait to share the finished products.
7. My sweet and perfect little lovie nephew, Jack, turned ONE today! Jack, I love you so much. I speak for myself and your two other Aunt Lovies when I say that you make the world a sweeter place just by being in it! (and your parents are pretty fantastic, too!)
I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!